CALL FOR PAPERS
Online Abstract Submission has been closed.
The scientific committee of the 42nd ICMM World Congress on Military Medicine invites you to submit abstracts for presentation during the Scientific sessions / Free Paper Sessions / Poster Sessions at the 42nd ICMM World Congress on Military Medicine. All abstracts need to be submitted online via the congress website.
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed by the Scientific Committee and a decision emailed to the author. The scientific committee reserves the right to change submission for oral presentation to posters depending on the number, theme and quality of submissions.
The following broad themes have been identified for the
42nd ICMM World Congress on Military Medicine:
- Terrain specific military medical support: Challenges and solutions
- Health protection and promotion in the military environment: Experiences and best practices
- Combat medical support: Technological advances and implications
- Humanitarian aid and disaster relief: Implications of a changing global scenario
Authors are requested to keep these broad themes in mind while submitting their abstracts. The congress will also have free papers and poster sessions where subjects outside the above broad themes can also be presented. All abstracts relevant to military medicine will receive equal and full consideration.
Criteria for Review of Abstracts: All abstracts will be subjected to blinded peer review by subject matter experts. The following general guidelines will be followed for the review:
- Relevance to Military Medicine
- Originality of the Work
- Clarity of Idea
- Appropriate Study Design and Methodology
- Implications for Advancement of Knowledge and Practice of Military Medicine
- Conflict of Interest and Ethical Issues
- All abstracts will be screened for plagiarism using appropriate software.
- Authors must ensure that the abstract being submitted has not been presented earlier nor is under consideration for the same elsewhere at the time of submission
- By submitting abstracts, authors grant the organizing committee the right to publish their abstracts online and or in print as part of the congress proceedings.
- Registered delegates may submit a maximum of two abstracts only
Authors are requested to adhere to the following guidelines while preparing their abstracts. This will greatly facilitate the review process.
- All abstracts must be typed in English. For non-English speaking authors, the abstract should preferably be proof-read by an individual proficient in the English language wherever possible.
- Authors must fill in all the pre-formatted fields as indicated in the online submission form
- The main body of the abstracts should be prepared as per the following outline:
- Background / Introduction
- Aim (s) of the Study
- The total word count, excluding the title of the abstract, should not exceed 500 words
- The Title of the abstract should be brief and clear, preferably between 100 - 125 characters
- Arabic numeral should be used for all numbers except at the beginning of a sentence where they should be spelt
- Standard abbreviations and symbols should be used. Abbreviations should be defined when used for the first time.
- No figures and tables should be included in the abstract nor should any attachments be submitted with the abstracts
- The abstract should preferably be written using a word processing software, checked for grammar and spellings, proof-read and then copied and pasted onto the abstract submission form.
- Abstracts once submitted cannot be modified or amended.
Acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply permission to present the work at the congress. Presenting authors must register for the congress and pay the registration fees in order to attend the congress and make their presentations.
Declaration by the Author
- The submitted manuscript has not been presented earlier nor is under consideration for the same elsewhere
- I have no objection to the manuscript being published online and/or in print as part of the congress proceedings
- I understand that I must register as a delegate for the congress by paying the registration fees in order to present my work, if accepted